Are you a resident of Amsterdam? Is your English ready for your job interview? Is your English ready to go to work?
No? Then just click the red contact button below, complete the quick contact form, and we will be in touch.
What is Switch? Who is it for?
The Switch retraining program is for clients of Werk, Participatie en Inkomen (WPI) and UWV. Participants in these programs can request job and language training that is paid for by the Gemeente. With the approval of your case manager, we will help you prepare a winning CV, a persuasive cover letter, and a set of interview skills that will help you win a good job. And if your English is just generally not ready to go to work, we will help with that, too.
A typical Switch course is about 10 hours and contains 3 phases:
Phase 1: Intake
• TEC (The English Center) coach receives client info, including NOA
• TEC coach sends Oxford Online Placement Test (OOPT) link and receives results
• TEC coach conducts 30-minute interview/conversation
• TEC reports to Gemeente Amsterdam (including English ability, attitude, motivation, interpersonal style, etc.)
• Gemeente approves or declines this client for Switch training
Phase 2 Written Content: CV, letter of motivation and email note
• TEC coach presents/discusses good examples of CVs, then edits and shapes an optimal CV
• TEC coach presents good examples of letters of motivation then edits and shapes an optimal letter
• TEC coach presents good examples of email notes, then edits and shapes an optimal email note
Phase 3: The Interview – TEC coach works with participant on–
• Psychological and practical preparation
• Knowing your strengths
• Social skills
• The most important question: Tell us about yourself
• Concise but pithy answers to the most common questions
• Handling tough questions, such as weaknesses or job gaps
• Eye contact and body language
• Video interview skills
Contact us via the contact button above or call 020 823 0569. We are happy to speak with you.